Steps

Steps

Sunday, October 21, 2012

TIME - This I Must Engineer

I have enjoyed using the acronym TIME (This I Must Earn) for years as a way a reminding myself that sometimes I need to just be with a thought or change for a while before it works.  But, I am now realizing that in my daily life I have to add another acronym for TIME (This I Must Engineer).  There are way too many choices to take one-at-a-time.  I can no longer be thoughtful about everything!

All of these observations and choices are floating around me like satellites orbiting the globe, threatening to run into each other or me, possibly blowing up or burning up.  It is all I can do to not run and hide someplace!  I have detailed fantasies of transplanting myself to a cabin in the woods.  And, regardless of centering myself and getting into a flow, I think a little transplantation might be a wise move.

So, how do I get into the flow instead of the satellite orbit?  Strangely enough I think the key is voicing my own priorities and goals; and sharing what I really feel.  Isn't that ironic?  Some of us in the world fancy our skills in running the show, and some of us relish supporting the engineer.  For years I have felt that I did best as a promoter -- and I am an excellent connector and promoter.  But recently I have deeply desired the return favor.

But perhaps most important is the fact that to become, I have t let go.  And I know that letting go is one of the most challenging things to do.  I take comfort in the fact that by being a good connector and promoter I have set up some of the people in my life to really excel.  It is just that first step requiring either courage or the mettle to face some discomfort.

So, here is to engineering.  I can run the train for awhile, and take it on an interesting set of tracks.  And, hopefully I will do it right most of the time.  But what if my running the train isn't about leading a group of people?  What if it is leading people to step out of their comfort zones as I am stepping out of mine.  To try an alternative reality with the purpose of altering that orbit, and maybe putting some of the choices and observations into real play.

TIME:  This I Must Engineer so I can EARN.

No comments:

Post a Comment