Steps

Steps

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Let's be GRATEFUL

I did Deepak and Oprah's Meditation today, as I have been for the past two weeks, which is a miracle in and of itself.  Today's meditation was about gratitude, which is amazing because I missed some days and today's choice was random.  The thought was "being grateful opens up the universe's bounty."  I have always felt grateful because that is the right thing to do, and it keeps me grounded.  I have never thought that gratitude opens up how the universe works.

However, if I transform my attitude into one of gratitude it does reframe my life.  Deepak's interpretation almost seemed selfish.  Maybe employing a bit more self is actually a healthy and worthwhile thing to do.  Others can do their own work in a lot of areas, and I don't need to step in.  I can have emotions but don't need to trounce them onto others.  I can choose to do things which truly bring me joy, not just things that need to be done.

So, I am going to put my attitude of gratitude to work today -- timely, right?  It is America's Thanksgiving.  Back when it all began it wasn't about the Macy's parade and when to start Black Friday.  It was about how survival was good, and how the Native Americans shared skills they knew were important with a bunch of newbies.


No comments:

Post a Comment