Steps

Steps

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Change of guard at the NYC Dept of Ed

I just read that Joel Klein is stepping down as the Schools Chancellor for New York City.  Although we are only on the periphery of the public school system what he was trying to do still impacted my daily life, if only through the media reports.   It seems that his presence over the last several years has only caused chaos and polarization among the families whose children attend public schools, teachers and the general public.  I wish I could be more hopeful of this change, but the NYC school system is like a large, writhing monster and I have no confidence that this new Chancellor will have any better chance.  I am happy to be in my little space, doing what I do, and hopefully making a positive impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment